Installing SCCM 2007 (Step-by-Step)
Thought it would be great I start a blog on what I do most at work. A way for me store my thought process when working with these technologies…a way for me to track back what i’ve done before (so i do not forget..hehe).
If you’ve been playing much with Microsoft Virtual PC, you should be familiar on how to prepare a bare Windows OS, in this case Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 2. Once that’s done, follow the below steps to get your SCCM 2007 up and running. This is the installation of SCCM in mixed mode.
1) Add the IIS component in the Add/Remove Programs (ensure you have W2K3 SP2 CD ready)
2) Install SQL Serer 2005 (after passing the pre-requisite checker)
3) Apply SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2, then reboot when required (it’s good before you begin the SCCM installation)
4) Add the BITS and WebDev component of IIS (though you could have done this in step 1)
5) Install SCCM 2007 (after passing the pre-requisite checker)